Brussels, 11 April 2016
For your editorial planning
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 6th edition of the Transport Research Arena (TRA2016), the top transport research event in Europe covering all surface transport modes
Transport Research Arena 2016 – 4 days conference on Transport
18 April – 21 April 2016
Warsaw (Poland) – PGE Narodowy
Key speakers at the conference include:
- Mateusz Morawiecki, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Development, Poland
- Violeta Bulc – EU Commissioner for Transport
- Greg Nadeau – Administrator Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), USA
- Jose Viegas – ITF/OECD, Secretary General
- Ralph Keck – Procter and Gamble, ALICE Chair
- Stephan Neugebauer , Director Global Research Cooperation at BMW Group and ERTRAC Chairman
- Andy Doherty, Chief Technical Officer, Network Rail and ERRAC Chairman
- Ir. Willem J. Laros, Senior Advisor Damen Shipyards Group Netherlands and Chairman of the Waterborne Technology
and many more.
TRA 2016 will see the launch of two Transport Horizon prizes by the European Commission. Horizon Prizes are ‘challenge’ prizes offering a cash reward to whoever can most effectively meet a defined challenge. The aim of these prizes is to stimulate innovation and come up with solutions to problems that matter to European citizens. This year’s TRA conference is organised in Warsaw. It features speakers from all over the world including researchers, policy makers and business executives from USA, Brazil, India, China and Turkey.
The conference programme offers technical and strategic sessions as well as workshops, where participants can learn about the latest trends in transport research. Over 500 papers will be presented and you will be able to discover innovative projects at the TRA exhibition. This event certainly deserves your presence! (more information)
18 April: Free registration for press
From 19 to -21 April: 50 % Fee reduction
The TRA national organisers will offer 10 free entrances for whole conference offered on first-come first-served basis.
For registration, please fill in the registration form, mentioning your interview requests, and return to the indicated email address by Thursday 14 April 2016.
|EC Press officer:
European Commission – Directorate General for Research and Innovation
Tel: +32 229 57414 PL
Head of Promotional Division
Road and Bridge Research Institute
Mobile: +48 602 709949
|For any media queries:
Tipik (contractor to the European Commission)
Mobile: + 32 474 37 00 47